McCarthy Family Law is family-run, family operated, and family-focused.
Jane McCarthy is a Family Lawyer, Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner, and Parenting Co-ordinator who has been both divorced and remarried.
As a mother and stepmother of seven and grandmother of one, who has been both divorced and remarried, she understands the emotional and financial toll that separations can have if they are not managed quickly and appropriately.
As a result, Jane aims to work collaboratively and cost-effectively to tailor a solution appropriate to the needs of each client and their family to help them move forward, positively.
The most important asset we have is our family.
Areas of Expertise
McCarthy Family Law practices only in Family Law and is qualified and experienced to offer solutions appropriate to each and every unique situation. Jane will utilise her background experience in property law to ensure that we are able to manage your family property transaction effectively and that you are correctly advised in relation to the legal effects of your proposal upon any property or testamentary document such as a will.
Bachelor of Laws
University of New England
Master of Laws (Applied Law)
Double Major: Family Law & Family Dispute Resolution Practice
Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice
Australian National University
Graduate Diploma of Family Dispute Resolution Practice
College of Law
- Parenting Co-ordination
- Registered Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner
- Nationally Accredited Mediator
- Admitted to Supreme Court
- Admitted to High Court
Memberships & Affiliations
- Member of the Sunshine Coast Law Association
- Member of the Queensland Law Society
- Member of Queensland Association of Collaborative Practitioners
- Member of Family Law Section of Law Council of Australia
- Panel Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner – Legal Aid Queensland